The Law Firm
METIDA, as a patent and trademark agency, was founded in 1991. In 2005 it became METIDA Law Firm of Reda Zaboliene and expanded its areas of practice.
METIDA provides services in intellectual property, contract, company, competition, labour, real-estate and construction law, as well as represents legal and natural persons in civil cases.
In 2012 the firm opened its offices in Belarus and Latvia.
In 2013, METIDA partnered with an Estonian based patent agency RestMark, which was later renamed RestMark Metida.
In 2016 METIDA Law Firm of Reda Zaboliene became Professional Law Partnership METIDA Law Firm Zaboliene and Partners.
In 2019 METIDA opened an office in Shanghai.
METIDA is a leading intellectual property law firm in Lithuania:
- For more than 10 years (since 1999) Managing Intellectual Property, one of the leading international magazines in the IP law, has rated METIDA as one of the most potential law firms in the Baltic States. The magazine has ranked METIDA as the top IP company that merges the areas of trademark, patent and copyright law in Baltic states. METIDA is the only law firm in Lithuania recognised as the leader in all four rated categories: invention patentability, patent litigation, trademark registration and trademark and copyright litigation.
- Since 2007 Chambers Europe, a European legal guide, has recognised METIDA Law Firm of Reda Zaboliene as one of the highest ranked IP law firms in Lithuania. Accordingly, the guide considers Reda Zaboliene to be an accomplished expert in IP law, whose clients cherish her for her business-like efficiency and effective work. Chambers Europe noted that METIDA Law Firm of Reda Zaboliene “stands out in the area of trademark registration and its dispute representation in Lithuania”.
- An independent and widely recognised global magazine, Legal 500, opines that lawyer Reda Zaboliene and the whole METIDA Law Firm is one of the best companies specialising in IP law.
- METIDA Law Firm is the leader in filing the highest number of Community trademark and design applications from Lithuania.
- In its 2013 publication, World Trademark Review (WTR) gave METIDA Law Firm of Reda Zaboliene a gold award. WTR recognises Reda Zaboliene as one of the best IP law specialists in Lithuania. The magazine considers her a leading IP dispute resolution expert and one of the most accomplished and active practitioners. Every year, World Trademark Review runs an awards programme which recognises the best trademark companies and individuals and nominates them either for gold or silver awards.
METIDA Law Firm Zaboliene and Partners is engaged in educational and public matters. METIDA’s employees organise seminars on IP protection, work on publications for local and international newspapers and legal journals, co-operate with ELSA and sponsor student events.